Back of Beyond Adventures, The Garden Flat, 39 Onslow Road, Richmond, Surrey. TW10 6QH
Back of Beyond Adventures Data Protection Officer
Piers Osborne, The Garden Flat, 39 Onslow Road, Richmond, Surrey. TW10 6Q
Back of Beyond Adventures offers a range of services relating to paddlesports and events. As such, Back of Beyond Adventures has a legitimate business interest in capturing, processing and retaining data from customers who have requested services from the company for a mutually beneficial purpose.
Back of Beyond Adventures undertakes to capture, process and retain all data obtained from individuals and businesses in line with the requirements of all applicable Data Protection Laws, including the UK Data Protection Act (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation (PECR) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Back of Beyond Adventures will capture, process and retain data from the following categories of Data Subjects:
Customers (based in the UK and EEA)
Back of Beyond Adventures will initially capture, process and retain customer data that is obtained through telephone, email or the backofbeyonduk.com website when a customer requests services or information. This data will be used for the purposes of:
• Creating a customer profile on our in-house data systems
• Processing customer orders
• Creating and issuing customer invoices
• Monitoring order and customer account statuses
• Debt chasing
• Marketing activity (data provided may be manually profiled by Back of Beyond Adventures to produce tailored marketing messages and limited customer data will be used when these messages are sent through our secure email management system)*
• Staff training, internal auditing, dealing with complaints and customer queries.
Back of Beyond Adventures customers have the right to withdraw consent to hold their data at any time. However, if a customer chooses to withdraw consent, then Back of Beyond Adventures will be unable to process any further orders for services.
*Back of Beyond Adventures customers are provided with an opportunity to opt out of Back of Beyond Adventures marketing messages at the time of submitting their details and when receiving all subsequent marketing communication.
Back of Beyond Adventures customers have the right to make a complaint when they are unhappy with services that have been provided by Back of Beyond Adventures. When receiving the details of any complaint, Back of Beyond Adventures will use the data provided for the purposes of
• logging and processing the details of the complaint
• carrying out and investigating the scenario outlined in the complaint
• making decisions based on the findings of any investigation
• informing the complainant of the outcome of their complaint
• informing any affected parties of the outcomes and actions required (should there be any)
Back of Beyond Adventures may transfer customer data to third parties/partners in order to fulfil event production and delivery requirements. Back of Beyond Adventures will also ensure that third parties/partners are fully aware of their responsibilities to ensure GDPR compliance when processing customer data transferred to them.
For marketing purposes, Back of Beyond Adventures may also share customer email addresses with secure advertising platforms such as Google and Facebook in order to tailor Back of Beyond Adventures marketing messages for users.
Back of Beyond Adventures will not transfer personal data to any other company or organisation without your prior consent, with the exception of Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) requests for financial data (relating to customer invoicing).
When a customer makes a purchase, Back of Beyond Adventures will retain the data captured on the backofbeyonduk.com shop and on our booking systems indefinitely for the purposes of:
• fulfilling the contract with the customer
• providing an auditable customer trail
• providing historical data for accounting purposes
• responding to HMRC financial information requests
• reviewing and improving services and processes
Back of Beyond Adventures will capture, process and retain personal data in line with DPA and GDPR requirements. Your individual rights in line with these requirements include the:
• right to be informed of how we use and process your personal data
• right of access to any personal data that we retain about you
• right to rectification of any personal data that we retain about you that you believe to be inaccurate
• right to erasure when there is no legal justification or legitimate business interest allowing us to retain your personal data
• right to restrict processing of personal data if , for example, you think that personal data we retain about you is inaccurate or we have no legal justification or legitimate business interest to continue to retain and process your personal data. Rather than request erasure, you can make the request to restrict processing
• right to data portability should you want to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one source to another
• right to object when personal data is processed due to legitimate business interest or performance of a task in the exercise of official authority, direct marketing and research and/or statistical analysis
• rights associated with automated decision making and profiling which allow you to obtain human intervention in any such process, express your points of view on decisions or outcomes made about you and obtain an explanation of any decisions made and subject them to challenge
• right to withdraw consent to hold your personal data at any time
• right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority should you be dissatisfied with how we have managed your personal data (the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest)
Subject Access Requests
In line with these individual rights, anyone who wishes to make a formal Subject Access Request to Back of Beyond Adventures for the purposes of requesting personal data or taking some action with respect to the personal data that is held about them should submit the request in writing to the Back of Beyond Adventures Data Protection Officer either in writing by post to Back of Beyond Adventures, The Garden Flat, 39 Onslow Road, Richmond, Surrey. TW10 6QH or by emailing email@example.com.
Visitors to the Back of Beyond Adventures website should be aware that information and data may be automatically collected by our website through the use of "cookies." These are small text files that a website can use to recognise repeat visitors and facilitate the visitor's ongoing access to, and use of, the site. They allow us to monitor usage behaviour and compile aggregate data that will help us to make improvements to our website.
Revised May 2018